Photography is my passion and in past few months I have come across many good photographers among us. To all of photography passionate folks, there is a news. National Geographic contest is up. Those who have a superfine photographs, they can participate in the competition Worldwide International Photography Contest.
Here are some basics about the contest -
1. The contest ends on October 31, 2009 (After that late fees will be charged, additional $10)
2. Entry fee is U.S. $12 per photo
3. Maximum 6 entries per contestant are accepted
4. Categories are People, Places, and Nature
4. In photo-prepossessing minor burning, dodging and/or color correction is acceptable
5. Judging Criteria is (1) Creativity 50%; (2) Photographic quality 50%
6. Images should be 5 MB or smaller, must be in JPEG or JPG format & must be at least 1,600 pixels wide (if a horizontal image) or 1,600 pixels tall (if a vertical image).
Checkout the Rules in detail - http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/photo-contest/rules
Understand past Winning photographs - http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/photo-contest/past-winners
National Geographic is the world of professional photographers. But those who are comfortable with photography and have some good shots and confidence can give it a shot. So who all are going for it ?