Thursday, March 12, 2009

On the day of Colours!

I locked the door and instructed mom to tell any visitor who asks for me that I am off to aunt's place. It was a trick to keep away the colors.

The bell rang. I signaled mom that I would be in the kitchen, just in case they try to hunt me down. Some sounds were heard. Few seconds later she came to me. "Who's Priya ? She is here to wish you Happy Holi!" she said with a teasing smile. "Priya? Wow, she came here to wish me Holi greetings!".

Blushing and grooming my hair, I reached the door. I opened it.. And splash! "Happy Holi ! Priya ? See how we got you out of the hiding!" And a loud laugh. Some more splashes of coloured water on me. Coloured hands were reached my face. Somebody pulled my legs and I was down on the floor.. Some more splases and colors. Laughing, I got up and made a counter attack on my friends. I managed to get them down to the floor. I was enjoying every bit of it. At the door, my mom was smiling, enjoying. I reached to color bag and attacked her and took revenge. Somebody switched on the music. And were started dancing, colored, drenched, face unrecognizable, like Crazy!


Happy Holi!


2 comments:

  1. happy holi to you too :-) looks like you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Captainmolecule
    Thanks! Actually its a fiction.But I like this fstival. I don't play Holi, I just watch. My sis does play, but she doesn't hide, she just bounces out and attack everyone. But I enjoy the moments when people resist and then give up and get involved in the game... How about you ? Did you play Holi ?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and commenting :)